Saturday, March 30, 2013

Waiting on The Return of Derrick Rose

We've been waiting on The Return for months.  Question is, when is it?
Derrick Rose
One thing is for certain; if anybody knows when Derrick Rose is ready to hit the court again, its Rose himself.  Though he has been cleared by doctors, Derrick Rose says he is not ready to hit the hardwood once again in his epic return to the NBA we have all been waiting for.  Rose tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his knee during the playoffs last year, and hasn't played since.  He has spent the whole season and offseason healing and working his hardest mentally and physically to get back to ballin'.  "It could be tomorrow and I feel like I could play the next game," said Rose.  "I'm not panicking or anything. If anything, I think I'm going to be a better player. I'm just taking my time. I'm just being patient, doing all the right things and really eating right and getting rest."  Though he has been cleared to play by doctors, Rose says he's just not mentally ready to return.  Believe me, if anyone knows if he's ready, it's the man himself.  But with only 11 games remaining in the 2013, who knows if he we be mentally 100 percent this season?  Would it be better for Rose to sit out the rest of the season, giving him the whole offseason to better himself and eliminating the risk of him coming back and reagraviating the knee?  In my opinion, that would be the best, safest option.  If I was the owner of the Bulls, I would shut Rose down for the rest of the season, and then he would have the whole offseason off as well so when he comes back next season, you know he is 100 percent without a doubt.  Besides, it doesn't look like the Bulls are going anywhere fast this season anyway, so what's the big deal about having him back?  If it was up to me, I would be shutting him down for the rest of the year.  We love seeing Derrick Rose lighting up the opposition, so its not like we would mind if he came back!

No comments:

Post a Comment